Christmas Balls!

Are you guys surprised that my Christmas goodies are in the shape of balls? No? I didn't think so. Balls are just so cute, I love them! Yes, I said it. I LOVE BALLS!

Every year I make some goodies to bring over to some of my favorite people, our neighbors, Chriss and Irene. They are like family to us and we are lucky to have them living so close. Since I have started this interest in baking, they are the first to try it. Yes, even my flukes! They are so nice they wouldn't tell me if it was gross, but this latest tasty treat I whipped up was pure heaven in your mouth. There was no fluke here, just a bunch of yummyness!

I made Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls Dipped in Chocolate! YUM!

I originally wanted to make truffle balls and then form it into a tree, kinda like this:
But when I came across a suggestion by Martha Stewart in her latest magazine to mix crushed pretzels with peanut butter, confectioners sugar and butter, I had to try it. Then when I tried to attach the balls to the styrofoam tree, they wouldn't stay on the toothpick. The consistency wasn't solid enough, like a truffle would be. But it was okay because I didn't know what I was gonna use those tiny cupcake liners for that I had in my cupboard forever... viola! PERFECT! And cute. And did I say deeee-licious?

These were probably my favorite thing I have made so far! The pretzels stayed crunchy and they had the perfect mix of salty and sweet. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment