go bananas!

As many of you know, I am very fond of the carrot cake whoopie pies that I make often. So, when I saw this recipe for a whoopie pie made with banana cookies and peanut butter cream filling, I couldn't wait to whip up a batch! Luckily, my hubby volunteered me to make the treat for his monthly birthday office gathering so I had a reason to try this sucker out!
I found the recipe in Taste of Home magazine and I added my own touch by rolling them in Butterfinger because everything is better with Butterfinger!















Here is the recipe, although I would add some banana extract to the cookie mixture cause I felt the peanut butter filling overpowered the banana flavor.

Go Bananas Whoopie Pies!
COOKIE:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon banana extract (optional)

FILLING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



No comments:

Post a Comment