it's easy being green...

Kermit didn't know how easy he could have it with this recipe!

Grasshopper Pie
















I never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day til I inherited my husband's family. They are Irish and treat this holiday as special as Christmas. We wear crazy costumes, eat Irish food, drink lots of beer, and dance Irish jigs! I contribute the dessert every year. Last years was a bit more adventurous and creative but with a 40-hour a week job, sometimes I have to take the easy route. (Hence, the pre-made pie crust)

I have never made this pie before and found a recipe from Pioneer Woman and really wanted to try it. Then reality struck that since St. Patrick's Day falls on a weekday this year, I don't have much time to tackle one of her made-from-scratch recipes. So, I set out to find a quicker version and viola! I didn't have mint extract so my cool whip is just plain old cool whip flavor. And the comments on this recipe suggest using chocolate fudge pudding in order to give it a thicker consistency. My grocery store didn't have that either, so this might end up being a little runny. We will see.
















I have yet to taste it, but how could it be bad?
chocolate = good
andes mints = good
cool whip = good

Put it together and... well, you get the picture.


1 comment:

  1. looks yummy and would look nice next to my mint chocolate chip cookies! Happy St. Patrick's Day, can't wait to see all the awesome pics of the Coffin's annual celebration!

    ReplyDelete