the disappearing donuts, beignets, fritters... whatever you wanna call them!

So, I saw this recipe in the FoodTV magazine and even though I have never fried anything before, I decided I would give it a try, because these Banana Beignets look too good to pass up!

















Right??? YUMMY-NESS!!!


I have never heard of a beignet (I know, I have as much culture as a fig newton. Someone actually told me that once. Sad, but true.)  so I decided was gonna call them donut holes, but I couldn't get them to come out in a perfect ball like these, they were all different shapes so I then decided to call them fritters. 


I took them to a good friends pool party and half of the batch was gone by the time I reached the food table! Therefore, I decided on a final name for these fried little pieces of heaven: 
"Disappearing Banana Beignets/Donut Holes/Fritters/Whatever-you-wanna-call-em"


But they disappeared so fast that I didn't get my own picture of them. Here is my only visual evidence that they actually existed:
















See it? It's that bulge coming out of this cute kids face! Yup, that's it. That's all I got. They are THAT good, believe me.


You should make em! Here is the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mini-banana-beignets-recipe/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment