without further ado...

I give you... the best chicken salad recipe in the world!




I featured these on my previous post for a friend's baby shower, but I didn't include the recipe. Today, I made it for an office pot luck and promised to share the following by the end of the day. The problem is, I just kinda throw it all together so I don't have exact measurements. Just taste as you go.
So, here it is:




The Best Chicken Salad EVER


Chicken (I usually get the canned or bagged white chicken breast, just cause its easier than cooking a chicken and then having to trim off all the weird, rubbery thingys that gross me out!)
Smoked Almonds, chopped
Scallions, chopped
Mayo (nonfat, if you wanna keep it light. And it's just as good!)
Nonfat Plain Yogurt
Dijon Mustard (not alot, just to add some tang)
Rosemary
Salt & Pepper (watch out on the salt, cause the almonds are already pretty salty)


Then just throw it all together! When I am making it for a gathering, I like to stuff it into mini pitas because, well, it's cute. Anything mini is super cute! And as my Petie says, "Presentation is everything."


The other great thing about this recipe is that it is pretty healthy! The only fat comes from the almonds, and I hear that almond fat is good fat. So they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment